As you know, businesses run increasingly on mobile devices — tablets, phones, and industrial scanners. Here is the state of mobile use currently:
- Nearly 94% of mobile workers have a smartphone and 41% of them own a tablet
- Ninety-one percent of employees in corporations use at least one mobile app for business
- Almost a quarter of employees (21%) use department-specific business apps
- Most companies (87%) expect employees to use personal mobile devices for work
- Fifty-eight percent of companies are focused on enabling mobile access to crucial enterprise systems using apps
These trends are not surprising, since one report by Digital Strategy Consulting showed that mobile apps can boost worker productivity by a stellar 34% — and more productive workers mean good health for your bottom line.
However, if you’re looking to leverage the increased efficiency and productivity of mobile services, you’ll need to manage them effectively to get optimal results.
What to Expect from a Managed Mobile Services Provider
We’ve touched on the fact that mobile services can enhance company productivity, but there are a host of other benefits that can be accessed by outsourcing mobile device asset and process management with a managed mobile services (MMS) expert.
MMS suppliers apply best practices software and services with a single, repeatable process for accountability and control. Using managed services can enhance these benefits by reducing pressure on in-house staff to procure, deploy, and manage your fleet of devices. Additionally, MMS suppliers can help you easily manage new hires with a preset system of devices, applications, carriers, and policy tools based on job code – integrated with your corporate HR system.
This typically includes advanced security measures such as access controls, encryption, authentication, and virus protection; remotely-managed protocol in case of loss or theft; establishing and monitoring mobile security policies; and providing dedicated support and fleet refresh and recycling.
The SaaS and services should also include smart Wireless Telecom Expense Management (TEM) to dramatically reduce carrier expense – often enough to pay for the MMS provider’s services.
A good MMS provider will also have specific and deep expertise and systems around logistics. Few providers emphasize this important factor, and without solid logistics management, an otherwise robust MMS program can quickly become misaligned with corporate objectives. You should expect:
- Mass app load including MDM like VMWare/AirWatch, using tools like Android Enterprise
- Kitting accessories along with tablet and phone deployments
- Onsite logistics of products, parts, and technicians delivered directly to your end user
- Repair logistics including advance replacement and RMA support for OEM warranty repairs
- White glove onsite exchange to ensure the asset being replaced is returned to repair depot
- Robust technology for recycling including fully automated asset retrieval during the refresh
- Accessories orders fulfillment
Finally, your MMS provider will integrate the mobile SaaS with your corporate systems like Service Now, Salesforce, and procurement, HR, and travel software to further leverage your legacy applications, better inform decision-making, and automate workflow. Your corporate policies are communicated, monitored and controlled. And you and your users have a single point of help desk support 24 x 7 regardless of carrier or device. Once you’ve implemented best practices SaaS and services, you can begin to use mobility for competitive advantage.
Ready to Bring Best Practices to Your Mobility Program?
Get Access to the most Advanced MMS with PointManagement
PointManagement’s groundbreaking MMS service plan features trademarked services unlike any other in the industry.
If your company needs intensive, full-service features like individually designed MMS plans, outstanding services available onsite and through a dedicated portal, and superior asset management for the life of your mobile assets, PointManagement has got you covered. We feature Gartner Magic Quadrant SaaS integrated with your corporate systems and our logistics expertise.
For more information on how your company can start being more productive right now, contact us today and start putting mobility to work for you.